RFF – 1/27/12
I was tagged by the wonderful Jen over at Miles, Muscles, & Mommyhood to tell you some random things about myself. I’m thinking I’m going to start to add this in as a weekly feature just for fun.
I’m supposed to tag someone too. This time around I’m not going to tag anyone….but if you want to join in, holler and I’ll tag you and make a set of random questions just for you!
11 Random Things About Me:
1.I have never touched an illegal drug or smoked a cigarette. I’ve only had one experience where I overindulged in alcohol to the extent of needing to vomit. And that was after only 2 drinks. I guess I’m what you call a lightweight. And I’ve never done a “shot”. In all honesty I haven’t had alcohol in well over 2 years. It’s just not my thing.
2. Although I may come across as a ray of sunshine, I really have to work at it. When I was younger, it came naturally. Now I stress and worry way too much. I make a point on a daily basis to focus on the positive and remember to smile.
4. Growing up I went through “food stages”. For several years all I wanted was peanut butter and jelly, then it was hotdogs, then chicken tenders. It’s no surprise I still go through “food stages”. i.e. bananas
5. Although I like things to be clean and my OCD will rear it’s ugly head, I have no problem getting down and dirty. I don’t know how many times I’ve picked up already chewed gum as a custodian. Yes, I’m a custodian at a high school. See why here. Cleaning a high school is not for the faint of heart. Seeing the things I see and do would make most people cringe. Oh yeah, I’m a registered veterinary technician too. On the same lines as a custodian, I’ve seen/performed things that would make most people pass out. Drawing blood, hands touching guts in the abdomen, suturing incisions closed, expressing anal glands, and dealing with projectile vomit/diarrhea. I’ve had many o’ smelly and dirty days while on the job. And that’s not even considering the bites and scratches. I’ve got some hawt scars.
6. I’m a morning person. I love to get up early and get the day started.
7. I don’t drink coffee. Never had a cup o’ joe….ever. Same goes for energy drinks. Never had a Monster, Red Bull, etc. I gave up soda pop in high school. Can’t even remember the last time I drank a soda. So where exactly do I get my energy?? It’s au natural. I am Buzzbomb after all.
9. There are so many different types of workouts I want to try but am too intimidated to do on my own. I’d love to have a personal trainer of some sort.
10. I wish I could have a work from home job. I think I’d be content working on the computer all day long…of course with my workouts thrown in too!
11. I haven’t used a drop of shampoo or product on my hair in over 7 months (I need to update you all on this). Want to know why I’m ‘poo free? Watch this.
Jen’s 11 random questions for me:
You are stranded on a deserted island. Tell me
1. What are the 5 foods you would pick to have with you? Bananas, oranges, tomatoes, grapes, spinach/lettuce.
2. What 2 things would you pick to drink? Fresh water w/lemon and Kombucha (totally digging it lately)
3. What book would you want to have? Twilight…don’t judge.
4. You are visited by ONE person for 24 hours only, who is it? Husband
5. You can have ONE skill that you do not currently posses. What is it? Fly
You just won 5 million dollars! Tell me
1. What is the first thing you do? Ask, “Is this for real?” If so, run around the block dancing.
2. What is the first thing you buy? I’d first pay off our house (does that count as buying?) Then I’d start to give my belongings away so I can start anew….and more simply.
3. Who is the first person you share your winnings with? Husband, then parents.
4. Would you relocate? Where? Oh yes. Would probably travel first to determine where we’d like to ultimately settle. I can foresee a tropical destination for a home though. But then again, I can also see multiple small homes. Or maybe staying nomads.
5. Would you donate to charity? For sure.
6. You must buy me a gift, what do you get me?? A brand new triathlon bike of your choice!
Keep Smiling and Be Grateful =)