Random Running Facts
I first saw this blog post last week on SUAR and have since seen it circulating around. I’m all for sharing random things so I figured, why not.
1. Best run ever - I’d say my best ever run was the run I made it all the way around the block without stopping. 5 years ago I came from a background with absolutely no running. Running was a challenge I never overcame until I finally put my mind to it and said, “I’ve got to make this happen.” I’ve had many o’ sucky runs but I think all runs are great, because I had the tenacity to make it happen.
2. Three words that describe my running – Fun, Free, Slow.
3. My go-to running outfit is Mizuno Wave Riders, Under Armour socks, Nike Tempo shorts, Nike Sports Bra, and tight tanks with built-in sports bras (Obviously I need all the support I can get!) But of course I have many things I can’t live without.
4. Quirky habit while running – I hold my hands in the shaka or hang loose sign. Right on!
5. Morning, midday, evening - I go with what works in my schedule but my absolute fave time to run is early morning before the sun rises. There’s a calm about the hour that is hard to describe.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s icy. I’m pretty hardcore when it comes to running in the elements and as you can see above, the dark doesn’t scare me. But I must admit I draw the line when the ground is a sheet of ice. Thankfully I won’t have to deal with that this winter.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Although I’ve dealt with some IT Band issues and was also plagued with a ankle/foot pain that lead to my first DNS I’m grateful that I’ve never had any major issues. (Knock on wood) I credit this to realizing I’m not a super athlete, running in moderation, and listening to my body.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner – I feel like this everyday. What? You don’t?!
9. Next race is – Color Me Rad 5K Phoenix
10. Potential running goal for 2013 – Would love to get another half marathon or two under my belt. Adding some trail running would be pretty awesome too.
There it is. Feel free to answer the questions in a blog post too!
Keep Smile and Be Grateful =)
Powered by Facebook Comments