Buzz: Liebster Blog Award
I know I just got back from a phenomenal weekend in Vegas and should be sharing my experience with you. No worries! You all know I will definitely share everything in a post once I have the chance to take a deep breath and absorb it all.
Recently I was lucky enough to be nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Maribel from Food4ThoughtNYC. I am always honored when someone makes mention of me on their blog, so thank you, Maribel! I love reading the responses of others for posts like these, so I hope you appreciate them as much as I do.
1. What’s your favorite dish? Such a simple question, but I have no answer. I love food but I’m not a fancy foodie. Give me plain ol’ spaghetti and I’m good. Peanut butter and jelly? Sure! Blender full o’ bananas. Sounds great to me. If I had to choose my last meal I’d have no idea what I’d choose since I’m indifferent about most food. I will say I have a sweet tooth, have a few fave recipes, and can make a mean chocolate cake. Vegan, of course.
2. Why did you start a blog? I started a blog back in 2006 as an outlet to write and a way to share what D and I were up to. Over the years the name and content has evolved. It’s still all about me/us but a bit more focused and organized…at least I’d like to think so.
3. If you changed your name, what would you change it to? I love my name. Growing up there were few people I knew named Heidi so I felt unique. I still feel this way and think it “fits” me.
4. Why did you choose this name for your blog? It was hard to put everything I planned to blog about into one title and I spent days trying to figure out what I wanted to call this blog. Nothing clicked. Then I thought, “Banana Buzzbomb”!
The reasoning behind ‘Banana’ – Previously living a 100% low fat raw vegan lifestyle, I’ve eaten A LOT of bananas. I bought bananas by the box and have been known to eat 30+ in a day. No I did not have potassium issues. And yes I love bananas. I didn’t survive solely on bananas. My diet consisted of many fruits and veggies…and still does. However, the fact of me eating that many bananas often illicited jokes, which I’m okay with. Others may say, I’m just “bananas”, as in crazy, which is true too.
The reasoning behind ‘Buzzbomb’ – This is a nickname given to me by my grandmother. Needless to say I’ve always been a fast-moving person that is always on the go. Not only do I run on schedule, but I tend to run ahead of schedule, and always know the ins and outs of what’s going on around me. I guess you could say I’m buzzing through life.
5. What makes you crazy? Ignorance and hate.
6. Which book are you reading atm? (or which magazine?) I go through phases of reading books. At times I can go through a book every day or so. However, I’m a regular reader of Runner’s World. With our recent move I haven’t had much spare time to read as I attempt to adjust to new work schedules, training, and enjoying our Arizona Adventures.
7. What inspires you? There’s not one person or thing that inspires me. Random quotes and seeing people go after their dreams does it for me. Hence, why I always have a quote book close at hand and have surrounded myself with people who are open-minded, willing to try new things, are adventurous, and not stopped by a few roadblocks thrown into the mix.
8. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Like most girls, I wanted to be a teacher. More specifically, I wanted to work with special needs children. Later, I wanted to be a physical therapist and then a chiropractor. I am now a registered veterinary technician. Although I love what I do and excel at my profession, I’m still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
9. What is your favorite part of blogging? Between the “release” I feel like having a diary or journal, it also holds me accountable. helps me keep it real, and the amount of people I have met through social media is pretty amazing.
10. What is your dream career? I have no clue. Like I said above, I’m still trying to figure this one out. Every time I think I’ve got it figured out I realize that it’s not “the one”. As of this moment I’d love to work one on one with brands that I love and believe in, possibly in some form of promoting/marketing, mixed in with social media.
11. If money was no object, where would you live and why? Everywhere! I would have no set “home” and travel, exploring the world, taking it all in.
I have many blogs I read on a daily basis, 90 to be exact…and that number continues to grow! It’s tough for me to narrow down to just a few people to pass along the award to. Please know that there are MANY more that I could include but I’ve chosen those that I hope would like to participate. In addition, I that also want to leave the opportunity for them to pass along the award too.
Running With Sass – Heather is always one of the sweetest people you’ll find in the blog world. I love her Disney-related posts that often allow us to feel like we’re taking our vacation right along with her.
Food, Fitness, Family – Madeline is from Arizona and I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to meet her since our move (It’s always fun to meet people you’ve met through social media platforms in real life!) She shares how she balances healthy eating, daily workouts, and a happy family.
Just A Colorado Gal – I love this lady more than words can say. We initially met online, have since explored the Grand Canyon together thanks to Columbia Sportswear Omniten, and our friendship has blossomed. I love our daily random texts and can’t wait to spend time with her hitting the slopes in January. Her blog is all about her adventures and travels that will sure to keep you laughing.
Ari’s Menu – I just love the positive energy Ari exudes in all of her posts. I have yet to meet her in real-life but hope to soon since we’re now living in the same state. Maybe our race schedules may cross paths some day too.
Miss Zippy – Every time I read Amanda’s blog I’m sure to walk away with more knowledge and insight than I started with. I love the food for thought she provides in every post.
Cotter Crunch – Visiting Lindsay’s blog reminds me to be grateful for everything I’ve been given in life and to stop and smell the roses. Every post is a breath of fresh air.
CaNdY Fit – Want a guaranteed blog that will make you smile? This is it! From sharing her journey as a figure competitor and everything in between, Kierston infuses love and fun into all of her posts. One of my life goals? Meet her in real life.
Enjoying The Course – After a few months of following Clarinda’s blog I was able to meet her this weekend in Vegas. Although we aren’t necessarily heading in the same direction we are on VERY similar journeys.
To those I have nominated: I don’t think I could come up with better questions, so I will keep it simple and use the same that I answered.
1. What’s your favorite dish?
2. Why did you start a blog?
3. If you changed your name, what would you change it to?
4. Why did you choose this name for your blog?
5. What makes you crazy?
6. Which book are you reading atm? (or which magazine?)
7. What inspires you?
8. When you were a child, what did you want to be when your grew up?
9. What is your favorite part of blogging?
10. What is your dream career?
11. If money was no object, where would you live and why?
…and don’t forget to pass the award along!
Keep Smiling and Be Grateful =)
PS I’ve thrown a few teasers out there on Facebook and Twitter but Wednesday is the day. Make sure you come back to so my excellent giveaway! Let’s just say I’ve done this one before, it’s a big hit, and you won’t want to miss it!
Powered by Facebook Comments
- This Is Halloween…Disney Style
- On The Move and Not Slowing Down
- Checking Off Another Dream
- Update: Finding My Dream Job
- Rattlesnake Safety On The Trails
- Challenges Of Life Changes
- Buzz: More Of What Makes Me Happy
- Buzz: What Do @Macklemore, @Oakley, and Avocados Have In Common? They Make Me Happy!
- Finding My Dream Job